Tuesday, November 5, 2013

NaNoWriMo Day #5

Today I got about 1700 words, so write on track but not making up for yesterday -- though I do have words banked.

I'm not actually sure why I'm even worrying, since this isn't my main NaNoWriMo project, though if this takes much longer I might have to "cheat" and make the 50k a combo of both projects.

Winning NaNo isn't really the important part, though. Getting a chunk of AC #4 written during NaNo is so that I can continue the tradition. And I will.

I am finding, with the other story, that my pace has slowed the past two days because of research (okay, and it not being the weekend). There's a lot of science and due to the nature of this project I can't just leave myself a note to research or fix things later like I might during a usual draft or NaNo project where the point is to get the words on the page.

Either way, I do like how things are shaping up, though I still worry. Is it interesting? Do I have the right POVs? Is it in the tense? Am I doing the story justice. Etc. Even today I realized I'd left out some crucial science and had to go back in and add it.

How's your story going?


2 comments:

Sarah said...

Great post! Good luck on your book. I'm not writing a novel this November (no time, although I have at least 2 that I need to get on paper – maybe next year). But there's a round robin Twitter event an online used book seller is running for NaNoWriMo. It's a good way to participate in NaNoWriMo in a small way, or even get over writers block by contributing to the story. Thought you'd have fun participating! http://www.thriftbooks.com/twitter-contest.aspx

Juli D. Revezzo said...

I started late but I'm up to about almost 3000 words...ooh, big deal, I know. I'll get there. :) I hope!