Monday, November 11, 2013

NaNoWriMo Days 8, 9, and 10

In those three days I wrote 5, 523 words. More importantly, I finished this WIP.

I didn't write the end. I'm nowhere near the end. I'm only about 1/3 of the way in. I've written about 25k just in Noveber. Even though it's not "done", I've written as much as I needed to write on this story. I am at a good pausing point. Now, I need to make it pretty. I need to fix the names, a lot of the names were placeholders. I need to ramp of the world building and discriptions. I need to clarify and fix some things. Then it goes off to the betas.

THEN I can start my NaNo Book.

But then again, NaNo isn't about winning. It's about writing.

So, if your word counts aren't where you'd like them to be, don't give up. Be Dorrie and just keep swimming. After all, anything you write in November is still more words than you had in October. Even if you don't "win."

1 comment:

Jack said...

It is always great to get words down on paper. To have them there, even if they aren't the NaNo 50,000. At least having them is a wonderful feeling!